Using the name and date of birth (DOB) for downloading Aadhaar online is a comparatively lengthier process than other methods but also simple.
The Government of India always works in search of techniques that can make government initiatives successful by linking the initiative requirements with convenience. It means that the government has transformed the manual Aadhaar application and other services into a technological forum.
After getting into the trap of technology, you are not required now to rely on long queues at the centers and trapping into the government drags. These hassles can eliminate by using an online platform for seamless and trouble-free access to Aadhaar.
Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth Online
If you have forgotten or lost your Aadhaar number, you can simply follow the mentioned steps in the given sequence for downloading e-Aadhaar using your name and date of birth (DOB) registered in the Aadhaar.
- Go to the website of UIDAI using https://uidai.gov.in/, which is the official portal of Aadhaar. This website is the treasure of everything you want to know about Aadhaar or related services.
- Take the cursor on the option “My Aadhaar” after which a dropbox will open.
- Select “Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID” from the head “My Aadhaar”.
- On the new page, first, select the option I want to retrieve my lost or forgotten Aadhaar Number or Enrolment ID.
- Input other details correctly such as full name and Mobile number or Email Address in the designated fields.
- Fill in the field of Captcha Verification for proceeding further in downloading the Aadhaar.
- After this, click on the option given as “Verify OTP”. It will deliver a message to the registered mobile number stating your Aadhaar number.
- Using the Aadhaar Registration number, visit the website of UIDAI (www.uidai.gov.in ) and select “Download Aadhaar” lies under the head “My Aadhaar”.
- This page will also demand Captcha Verification and after correct input of given captcha, either select “Enter a TOTP” (in case you have) or request for an OTP.
- Selecting “Send OTP” will deliver an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Fill in the correct OTP in the designated section and in case of timeout, click “Resend OTP” and you will get another OTP.
- Inputting of OTP will require you to complete a given short survey on the same page.
- After survey completion, you will get two options “Verify and Download” and “Cancel”, click on the first option that can verify the provided OTP and start downloading the Aadhaar.
This will initiate the process of online Aadhaar downloading and you will receive a pdf file. As you have seen that downloading Aadhaar online using name is a long process but involves simple steps that consume less amount of time.
Download Masked Aadhaar Card by Name and Date of Birth
Masked Aadhaar’s feature had been introduced by UIDAI for the purpose of enhancing the safety of the Aadhaar Card. In this feature, as the name implies, some of the initial digits out of 12 digits of the Aadhaar number remain unrevealed. It is as simple to download masked Aadhaar as e-Aadhaar.
So the process of downloading masked Aadhaar is as follows:
- Go to the official website of Aadhaar named UIDAI using the link: www.uidai.gov.in and click on “Download Aadhaar” under the head “My Aadhaar”.
- Enter the Aadhaar number on the new page opened along with captcha and select the option “I want a Masked Aadhaar?”
- Select Enter a TOTP or Send OTP as per your convenience and availability. Enter a TOTP option if you have TOTP otherwise click on Send OTP
- Enter the correct OTP sent on the registered mobile number and click on “Verify and Download” after completing the survey. This will initiate the masked Aadhaar downloading.
Click here to Download Aadhar Card Without Mobile Number/OTP
Password to Open Aadhaar Card PDF After Download
When you download Aadhaar Card online using any method, you receive a password-protected pdf file. It simply indicates that you need to input a password to access the downloaded Aadhaar. A straightforward rationale behind the password-protection of downloaded Aadhaar card in the PDF form is that the Government not only ensures to make this process convenient but also protected. With password protection, your online downloaded Aadhaar gets safeguard from identity theft and unauthorized access. The password is 8-characters in length that uses your name and year of birth mentioned in the Aadhaar registration. Coupling of the first four letters of your name with the birth year will constitute the password for your Aadhaar PDF.
For understanding, let us consider an example wherein the person’s name is SHIKHA JAMWAL and the birth year is 1993. Then the password will be SHIK1993 and ensure that use letters in CAPITAL form and birth date in YYYY.
It is true that great words come from great mouths. In the context of Aadhaar, which you can download aadhar card by name and date of birth. The applicability of this phrase is evident from the fact that this is the world’s largest ID system. It is based on biometrics and with this; it offers a wide number of benefits and perks to the holders. Due to its perks and benefits, it has become the most significant document for an Indian. Hence, rather than wasting your time in thinking of getting Aadhaar, adopt online (UIDAI website) or offline (Aadhaar centers, Banks or Post Offices) platforms and apply for Aadhaar.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, you can download Aadhaar using other methods rather than a name such as an enrolment number, date of birth, Aadhaar number or mobile number.
To download Aadhaar online using a name, you require certain details such as email address or mobile number on which you will get OTP.
This method is the most suitable when you do not have enrolment details or Aadhaar numbers. Otherwise, other methods would be suggested.
The PDF file of downloaded Aadhaar is secured by a password. You can open it by inputting the password which is the combination of the initial four letters of your name and the birth year mentioned in the enrolment slip or Aadhaar.
A passionate reader and vivid thinker. I love being aware especially about new technology. A soon to be lawyer by profession and writer by passion, I love to spread knowledge and pass on information to the world with the help of the most powerful weapon, words!
6 thoughts on “Download e-Aadhaar Card by Name and Date of Birth (DOB) – UIDAI”