UIDAI developed a mechanism that offers voice to Aadhaar holders for filing related complaints. This mechanism is known as the Grievance Redressal Mechanism. This mechanism was set up with the main aim of providing residents with the provision to file Aadhaar-related complaints and to check their status online.
- 1 File an Aadhaar Complaint Online/Offline – Methods
- 2 By Visiting UIDAI Official Web Portal
- 3 UIDAI Customer Care Support
- 4 UIDAI Aadhaar Complaint Status Check Online
File an Aadhaar Complaint Online/Offline – Methods
Residents mainly file complaints in relation to non-generation of Aadhaar and enrolment agencies or operators. This grievance redressal mechanism offers three primary channels to Indian residents. These channels are UIDAI helpline number (1947), post to Regional offices, and E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
By Visiting UIDAI Official Web Portal
Using the following guidelines, you will be able to raise a complaint and check the UIDAI Aadhaar card complaint status as well.
- Go to the official portal of UIDAI using the link https://uidai.gov.in/ and select the Contact & Support window.
- Now Select the “File a complaint” option of the section “Grievance Redressal Mechanism”. You will redirect to a new page wherein essential information required to be filled.
- Enter your personal details correctly in the designated fields. These details are related to the enrolment number, contact details, location, and complaint details.
- Enrolment details include 14-digit enrolment ID and 14-digit enrolment time & date.
- Contact details are name, email address, and mobile number.
- Location details involve postal code and town/city.
- Complaint information is complaint type and category.
- Enter your concern in the given section. You can write your concern within the limit of 150 characters as prescribed by UIDAI.
- Fill in the security code in the Captcha Verification section. You will get this code in the picture mentioned on the screen.
- Press the “Submit” icon.
After filling and submitting all the personal details correctly, your complaint will be filed in the UIDAI database.
UIDAI Customer Care Support
You will find toll-free contact center set up by UIDAI on its official portal. UIDAI established this contact center with the main aim of managing grievances and queries of Indian residents regarding Aadhaar updates, enrolment and other services.
It is noteworthy to keep the acknowledgment slip safe for enrolment details. You can use your Enrolment number from that slip to lodge a complaint through the contact center. In the following two ways, you can use the UIDAI contact center for grievance:
Call 1947 to File Complaint
Dial 1947 from your registered mobile number and provide all the required details to the operator. Mention clearly what complaint you want to lodge and the operator will forward your concern to higher authorities. Not only this, but you can make inquiries or receive comprehensive information in relation to your Aadhaar. You can also directly call or fax to the regional offices of UIDAI for speedy resolutions of filed complaints.
Here is the list of some contact numbers of UIDAI’s Regional offices in India.
New Delhi Regional Office
Contact number: 011-23481126
Ranchi Regional Office
Contact Number: 0651-6450145
Lucknow Regional Office
Contact Number: 0522-2304979
Chandigarh Regional Office
Contact Number: 0172-2711947
Mumbai Regional Office
Contact Number: 0651-6450145
UIDAI Complaint Email Address
UIDAI has set up an e-mail system for the residents of India to file complaints regarding Aadhaar. You can write up to UIDAI officials as what your concerns are through E-mail. Following is the guideline to use E-mail for the same:
- Step 1: Open your registered E-mail ID and type your concern in the “Compose” box.
(Make sure you clearly mentioned your Enrolment details and complaint in the mail)
- Step 2: Send this mail to the official E-mail ID of UIDAI email@example.com.
The officials forward this E-mail to the concerned Regional Office at Headquarters after the examination. After disposing of the grievance, the Regional Office/Concerned Section works with a grievance cell and replies the complainant over the mail.
Also, rather than E-mailing to UIDAI, you can E-mail your complaint to the concerned UIDAI regional office directly.
- Lucknow Regional Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ranchi Regional Office: email@example.com
- Chandigarh Regional Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mumbai Regional Office: email@example.com
UIDAI Aadhaar Complaint Status Check Online
With the provision of lodging grievance, you are also eligible to track the status of your Aadhaar complaint. UIDAI provides you with the provision to track Aadhaar complaint status being Aadhaar enrolled by visiting the official UIDAI portal. It is the only method using which you get access to the Aadhaar complaint status irrespective of the complaint filing mode.
It means whether you have lodged a complaint via E-mail, post or phone, you have a single method of visiting the website to check complaint status. If you are unaware, follow this process and you will receive your complaint status within a few moments.
- Step 1: Open the website https://resident.uidai.gov.in/ where you will find all information related to Aadhaar.
- Step 2: Go to Grievance Redressal Mechanism that you will get in the section “Contact & Support”. There are two options available in this mechanism namely “File a Complaint” and “Check Compliant Status”.
- Step 3: Click on Check Complaint Status and fill in the complaint ID that you received after the complaint submission. The complaint ID is of 14 digits in the format of (1234/12345/12345).
- Step 4: Check your complaint status by entering the security code correctly under “Captcha Verification”. Press the icon “Check Status” and you will get your status on the screen.
- Registration of complaint and complaint ID is a prerequisite to track the Aadhaar complaint status.
- UIDAI provides you complaint ID after submitting the Aadhaar complaint. Keep this ID safe for tracking status.
- In case of dissatisfaction from status, you can further call UIDAI toll free number 1947.
- You can get instant updates regarding Aadhaar compliant by a direct conversation in 1947 with UIDAI operators.
- If you are using other modes, your patience is highly expected to get a reply from UIDAI regarding Aadhaar compliant.
- You don’t require providing your enrolment ID if the complaint is against Aadhaar enrolment agency or operators.
- In case of a complaint regarding the non-generation of Aadhaar, Enrolment ID is mandatory while filing the complaint.
UIDAI invests all efforts to provide users with an error-free experience of Aadhaar. In this urge, UIDAI provides you with the facility to lodge and check the Aadhaar complaint online by visiting the portal. With this 2-minute process, you can raise your Aadhaar-related complaints and track the status of the same without any complications.