There are various benefits once you update/change your mobile number in the Aadhar card online. This includes income tax, pan card Aadhaar card linking, OTP-based services, and Aadhaar authentication purposes.
Aadhaar carries a greater authentication level evident from its uniqueness gained through the biometric and demographic de-duplication process. It is advisable for all the individuals applying for Aadhaar enrolment to provide accurate and correct demographic information.
But, it does not mean that once the information registered in Aadhaar will remain for life long. You can now make requests to update Aadhaar regarding your mobile number, photo, name, date of birth, or other details. Mobile number considers one of the most significant updates in Aadhaar that completes without consuming much time.
What are the Reasons to Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card?
Numerous instances have been identified that compels an individual to update/change mobile numbers in Aadhaar. In these instances, whatsoever, you can now make changes to your mobile number in Aadhaar following a simple procedure.
Ensure that whichever mobile number you update in Aadhaar, the number must be functional otherwise, all your efforts will go in vain and this will prevent you from availing privileges and benefits.
Following are some of the reasons identified where the need to update mobile number arises:
- When your mobile phone is lost or theft.
- The mobile number was functional at the enrolment time but now has been deactivated or switched off.
- You did not provide a mobile number during the Aadhaar enrolment process.
- Your mobile number is incorrectly filled in the Aadhaar enrolment form or misprinted.
- By mistake, the operator who fills data in the server has entered the wrong mobile number.
Other reasons may exist that can demand updating/changing/adding a mobile number in Aadhaar. The most significant rationale for the mobile number updated in Aadhaar can be stated as “OTPs are sent to your registered mobile number regarding Aadhaar for undertaking all secure online authentications.”
Mobile Number Change in Aadhaar Card Online – Complete Steps
- Go to the UIDAI site where you will enable us to find your nearest Aadhaar Update/Enrolment Center in your respective zone.
- Click on “My Aadhaar” and select “Locate an Enrolment Center”.
- That would redirect you to a new page where you are obliged to provide any of the mentioned modes- PIN (Postal) Code, State, or Search Box.
- Locate the center and visit Aadhaar Update/Enrolment Center where a form will be handed over to you for updating your mobile number.
- Make sure that you fill out the Aadhaar update/correction form with due diligence and input the correct mobile number in the form.
- Hand over the filled form to the Aadhaar executive who will further ask for minimal charges of INR 30 in lieu of provided services.
- Take an Acknowledgement Slip from the executive, given after the payment of required charges, accompanied by a URN (Update Request Number).
- Being an Aadhaar holder, you are facilitated with a URN on mobile number update requests. This number will enable you to access to UIDAI service for tracking the Aadhaar update status.
- Updating of new mobile numbers requires a maximum of 90 days to get registered in the Aadhaar database.
No online method has been yet introduced by UIDAI for updating or adding a new mobile number to Aadhaar. It means that you are required for making a personal visit to the enrolment center for the same purpose. Updating the mobile numbers is necessary since UIDAI sends all the messages and OTPs to the mobile number currently registered in Aadhaar.
Link Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card – Benefits
A mobile number linking to Aadhaar is necessary for an individual if he/she desires to gain access to Aadhaar-related services. These services may be:
- Online Aadhaar facilities
- Linking of Aadhaar to Mutual Fund
- Application for reprinting or new PAN card
- Link Aadhaar Card with Pan Card for Income Tax Purposes
- Mobile re-verification
- EPF claims and withdrawal through online
- mAadhaar App
- Umang App
Authentication User Agency (AUA) Point of Presence
- Applicability: To update demographic fields
- Authentication of identity: Biometric authentication and sending OTP to the registered mobile number could use as another authentication means by UIDAI.
- Verification: UIDAI accepts the documents based on the verification done by the registrar.
- The registrar’s operator undertakes this mode using a device with the inclusion of a biometric authentication feature.
- You may receive an acknowledgment slip in the form of an email, printout, or an SMS on your registered mobile number depending on the request type.
- For better understanding, if you have placed a request for updating the mobile number, you will receive a URN on your number via SMS.
- Visiting the official UIDAI website will provide you with all the information regarding the details updated in Aadhaar.
Update Client Standard
- Applicability: Demographic and biometric details including local language
- Authentication of identity: Biometric authentication
- Verification of mandatory documentary verification
- Undertaken by either registrar at the Update/Enrolment center or a verifier who gets an appointment from UIDAI
- The DDSVP Committee Recommendations set guidelines to be followed by the verification process
- An operator fills the form for the update client and provides the biometric sign-off against every update request.
- The operator hands over an acknowledgment slip to the updated client wherein a URN is mentioned.
- This number delivers you an opportunity to track the status of your Aadhaar update.
Update Client Lite
- Applicability: Facial photograph, the local language, and all the demographic fields
- Authentication: Involves Biometric authentication
- Documentary verification for all the fields, mandated to be verified
- The verification process is directed and guided by the DDSVP Committee Recommendations
- Verifier appointed by UIDAI or registrar at the Update or Enrolment center undertakes the process.
- An individual requires filling out a form provided by the operator along with a biometric sign-off by the operator for all the updates requested.
- An acknowledgment receipt will be provided to the individual having a URN used for checking the Aadhaar update status online.
Track Your Aadhaar Update Status Online
As you can see that no online method has been yet introduced for updating mobile numbers in Aadhaar for whatsoever reason. But you can check the status of your Aadhaar update by making a visit to the official UIDAI website. This website will provide the required information on your Aadhaar update as to how much time will it require to process completion or whether the requested update has been completed or not. With all the convenience, UIDAI has enabled individuals to check the status of their Aadhaar updates. Here is a short process for individuals who want to track their Aadhaar update status.
- Go to the UIDAI website: https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Now click on “Check Aadhaar Status” under the head “My Aadhaar”.
- Enter the correct details of Enrolment ID and Captcha Verification.
- Press the “Check Status” button.
With this short process, you will get your Aadhaar update status within a few moments on your screen.
Download Aadhaar Card with Updated Mobile Number
After making updates regarding the mobile numbers, you can download the updated Aadhaar online using the updated mobile number. You are required to visit the UIDAI official website where you will get the provision of obtaining either a regular Aadhaar or masked Aadhaar.
To download the updated Aadhaar, you will now get OTP on your new mobile number registered as an update in Aadhaar. Visiting the UIDAI website will provide you with all the necessary information regarding Aadhaar and related services including online Aadhaar download. It follows a simple procedure to download updated Aadhaar by clicking on Download Aadhaar or Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID as per the chosen method. Using OTP or TOTP, you will be enabled to download updated Aadhaar in a flash.
Availing of countless services of Aadhaar makes it highly significant to link your mobile number to Aadhaar and keep it updated. These services may identify as PAN card applications or mobile re-verification and many more.
Similar to photographs, no documents mandate verification as identity proof when you proceed for updating your mobile number in Aadhaar. Checking the status of the requested update in Aadhaar or downloading Aadhaar after the requested update requires no specific technique but appropriate few steps to be followed with simplicity and convenience. Make as many requests for updating your mobile numbers as you want, the procedure will remain the same but pay a little amount every time you make a request.
A content writer with a proficient experience of 3 years. Being a keen learner, I work with an ongoing curiosity and owns good research skills. I love being creative and make sure to integrate this creativity in my works for the benefit of society and community.