Do you want to update the address of your SBI bank account? Are you unsure how to proceed? Don’t worry, I’ll go over how to change your account address in precise detail.
When we move to a new home, the address recorded in a bank needs to be changed for a number of reasons. Without an updated address, the bank will be unable to contact you for any banking-related documents, and you may miss out on the bank’s services. If you have an account with SBI and are looking to change your account then this guide may indeed be useful. The guide explains in detail how to change the address on your SBI account.
Documents Required to Change Address in SBI Bank
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- Two Month Bill of Electricity, Water, Postpaid, or Piped Gas.
- Job Card Issued by State Government
- Property or Municipal Tax Receipt.
- Letter of allotment of accommodation that is Issued by the State Government
How to Change Address in SBI Bank by Visiting Branch?
To change the address in the State Bank Of India, all you need to do is go visit your nearest SBI bank branch along with the documents required. Don’t forget to carry the original and scanned photocopy of all the documents Since the bank executive may ask you for the original documents for verification.
You will need to fill in the Address Change Request form that the bank will provide, After filling the form submit the form along with the mentioned documents.
- ID proof such as AADHAR card, passport, Voter ID
- Residential address document for proof of address
- Address Change Request Form
- Bank Passbook
Now, fill up the form with your account number, old address, and new address, then sign it using your signature in the account. Do not forget to include the date as well.
You can now affix the photocopy of your residential address proof and sign on it. You need to submit the documents along with the original documents to the bank executive. The documents will then be verified and the address will be updated in the State bank of India Account by the bank executive.
Once the process is done you will then get an SMS on your number registered with the bank mentioning that the address is changed as per your request.
Also Read: How to Change Mobile Number in SBI
SBI Address Change Request by Sending an Email
- You must submit an e-mail to [email protected] to the SBI Bank Home branch regarding the address change.
- First and foremost, include your entire name, registration phone number, and registered email address. Then, in the email, write your problem.
- Attach the self-attested photocopy of ID proofs, current address proof, and bank passbook after you’ve finished drafting the email.
- After sending the email to the bank your address should be changed within 1-2 working days
How to Check New Address Update in SBI Bank Account?
You can check the updated address information through SBI Internet banking by following the below steps :
- Login to your SBI account using the internet banking user id and password
- Now select the account number by clicking on the account statement
- Select the statement period then press proceed.
- You can now see your account details with the new updated address
We provide step-by-step instructions on how to change the address on your SBI bank account. However, if you have any questions or concerns, please ask them in the comments box below, and we will love to answer them for you.