State Bank of Travancore was merged with the State Bank of India only in recent years. Until then, it operated as a separate entity. Ever since digital banking became prominent, fraudulent activities were on the rise. Customers wanted to register complaints regarding transactions, account maintenance, and other banking services. One can either visit the bank in person to register the complaint. The bank takes about 2 to 3 weeks to process the complaint. In case, the bank doesn’t provide a proper response, then one can contact the banking ombudsman.
A lot of people prefer the online mode to register the complaint as they want to avoid the tediousness of waiting in a queue at the bank. One can check the details of the complaint live as they use the online medium.
Types of Complaints
These are the common types of complaints you encounter when you bank online. You need to be aware of the category under which the complaint falls in to click the right option in the drop-down list.
- General Banking
- Government schemes
- Transactions related
- NRI Services
- Internet Banking
- Transaction Related
SBT Complaint Registration Online @cms.onlinesbi.com
You need to follow the given steps to register a complaint using the State Bank of Travancore portal.
- The link that leads to the customer complaints page is cms.onlinesbi.com/cms
- Either the new or existing customers can log in.
- The account number has to be entered. The bank doesn’t ask the new customers to log in using the account number as they don’t have one.
- The kind of complaint as mentioned in the bank records needs to be selected, specifically the category of complaint. Only when the category of the complaint is selected by the user, the kind of complaint can be picked by the user.
- The customer has to fill in other details like name, phone number, contact number, etc., These details are requested by the bank to link the account number with the other details of the bank account.
- The customer can also brief the nature of the problem he faces. This is done to induct the customer services personnel to contact the user and brief the complaint.
- For security purposes, the customer would be asked to pass the security check. With a series of numbers and alphabets, a captcha appears on the screen.
- Once all these steps are completed, then the bank accepts the complaint and a complaint token number is generated and provided to the user. The website allocates the registered complaint to the respective branch of the bank and the bank re-allocates the complaint to the concerned department based on the category of complaint mentioned by the user.
Normally, a bank takes about 2 to 3 weeks to process a complaint.
How to Check SBT Complaint Status Online?
You need to follow the given steps to check the status of the complaint registered:
- One needs to visit the following link.
- The user needs to enter the token number of the complaint registered
- The bank software links the token number with the actual complaint registered.
- The details of the complaint registered need to be filled in.
- One needs to provide the mobile number as well for security purposes
- The user needs to click on the submit button.
- The status of the complaint is displayed to the user.
A passionate reader and vivid thinker. I love being aware especially about new technology. A soon to be lawyer by profession and writer by passion, I love to spread knowledge and pass on information to the world with the help of the most powerful weapon, words!