On several occasions there comes a need to block or unblock your debit card. This can be the need to unblock your card in case you have entered the wrong pin multiple times or simply block your card because you have lost it.
Thankfully ICICI bank offers that its customers can do both blocking and unblocking online. This can be easily done sitting at the convenience of your home.
However, it is to be kept in mind that unblocking can only be done if your card has been blocked temporarily. In case your card has been blocked permanently blocked, you won’t be able to unblock it online.
In case the card is blocked due to the wrong ATM Pin entered more than 3 times you will have to inform the bank about this. Also, the bank will issue you a new Pin for the card and after that, you have to unblock the card to use it with the new pin provided.
You can simply use Net banking or the iMobile application of ICICI bank to block or unblock your ICICI bank debit/ATM card online from home.
Block/Unblock ICICI Debit Card Online by Using Internet Banking
- Log in to your ICICI Net banking.
- After you log in Click on the “Cards and Loan” section.
- Select the “ATM Debit Card option from the Dropdown menu.
- On the next screen select the “Block Card” option.
- Select your account number and card number from the drop-down menu next to “Select Account Number” and “Debit Card Number” respectively.
- Select the action you want to perform. If you wish to block your card select block and for unblocking select Unblock Option. In case of the block, you will have to select whether you want to block your card temporarily or permanently.
- Select the reason for blocking or unblocking your card from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Submit button.
You will receive a message on your registered mobile number on successful Blocking or Unblocking of your ICICI Bank Debit card.
Steps to Block/Unblock ICICI Debit/ATM Card by Using iMobile App
- Log in to ICICI iMobile application.
- Tap on “Services”.
- In services tap on “Card Services”.
- Select the “Block/Unblock Debit Card” Option.
- Now a new screen will open. Here select a Debit card in the “Select Card Type” box.
- Select the Block/Unblock option
- Select your account number.
- Select your Card Number.
- Select the Block/Unblock option. Choose temporary in the block type box in case of blocking your debit card.
- Press the Submit button.
You will receive a message on your registered mobile Number on successful Blocking or Unblocking of your ICICI Bank Debit card.
Following these easy steps, you can block or unblock your debit card from net banking as well as the mobile application.
You can also check:
- 6 [Easiest] Ways to Check ICICI Bank Balance From Home
- Download ICICI Bank RTGS/NEFT Pdf Form
- ICICI Bank Lunch Timings & Working Hours
- 4 Ways to Track ICICI Bank Complaint Status
- How to Generate/Change ICICI Credit Card Pin Online
- How to Update/Change Address in ICICI Bank
- How to Download ICICI Credit Card Statement
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, you will have to wait until your bank issues you a new Pin for your Debit Card. You will have to inform the bank about this and the bank will issue you a new Pin for the card. After that, you have to unblock the card to use it with the new pin provided.
No, you can block/unblock your ICICI debit card using Net Banking or Mobile Application.