State Bank of India now offers an easy option to cancel your issued cheque. No more standing in lines to get your work done. You just need to log into the YONO Lite SBI app or onlinesbi.com portal and easily follow the steps to stop Cheque Payment.
Stop Cheque Payment in SBI Using YONO App
- Open YONO Lite SBI on your phone and Log into it.
- Click on “Requests”.
- Now click on the “Cheque Book” option.
- Go to the “Stop/RevokeCheque”
- Now we will find a “Stop Cheque” Button, click on it.
- Now you will be asked to select the Account number from the drop-down menu.
- You can either cancel a single cheque or a series of cheques. Enter the Start Check Number which is mandatory (in case of a single cheque fill the same number in both fields) and End Cheque.
- Next, you will be asked to fill the instrument type, which is the type of cheque you are blocking “Normal Cheque” and “Multi-City Cheque”.
- Now you have to give the reason for stopping the cheque. It is a mandatory field and you will have to provide a reason for stopping a cheque.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click the submit button. You will receive an OTP on your Registered number and your cheque will be stopped.
Stop SBI Cheque Payment Online
Apart from the mobile app, you can also initiate a cheque stop request from the Net Banking platform of State Bank of India.
- Log into Onlinesbi.com official website.
- Click on the “e-services” option, then click on the Stop Cheque Payment option. The stop-check payment page will open for you.
- Now select the Account number related to the cheque from the option.
- Enter the Start Cheque Number and the End cheque number. (In case you want to cancel a range of cheque fill in the number of the first cheque and last cheque and in the case of a single cheque fill in the same cheque number in both fields.
- Now you will be asked to select the type of cheque from the Instrument type field.
- Enter the reason for stopping the cheque which is a mandatory requirement.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on the Submit button.
- On successful completion, a success message will be displayed on the screen.
This facility is available from 8 am to 8 pm only. There might be some charges applicable for this service which shall be displayed on the screen and will be deducted from your account.
By following these simple steps you can stop your cheque payment or Revoke Stop check request from the ease of your home.
A passionate reader and vivid thinker. I love being aware especially about new technology. A soon to be lawyer by profession and writer by passion, I love to spread knowledge and pass on information to the world with the help of the most powerful weapon, words!