All banks have introduced internet and mobile banking facilities in the urge to provide more convenience to customers. Indian Bank is one of such renowned and oldest banks in India.
We open a bank account providing personal details such as name, mobile number, email address, etc. Mobile number is one such crucial information that requires updated in your Indian bank account. Bank delivers SMS alerts on your registered mobile number whenever any transaction placed.
This article will guide you to:
- Link mobile number in Indian bank
- Update/Change mobile number in an Indian bank account
Link Mobile number in Indian Bank
Linking mobile number in Indian bank is an uncomplicated procedure. You only need to go to the home branch of Indian bank and request the operator to link your mobile number with your account.
- Get a form from the operator and provide essential information such as your name, address, mobile number, etc.
- Submit it to the operator and the number registration process will complete within a day or two.
- An SMS will be delivered to your provided mobile number when registration is confirmed.
(Note: Make sure to carry Aadhaar card along with its self-attested duplicate.)
Update/Change Mobile number in Indian Bank
There are four different ways to change your mobile number in Indian Bank.
- Internet Banking
- Visit Home Branch
- Contact Customer Care
- Visit ATM center
Change Mobile Number in Indian Bank Account Online
- Open the Indian Bank website www.indianbank.net.in and log into your account using username and password.
- Check for services and apply for “Update/Change mobile number”, If your mobile number, customer number, and PAN number are linked with your Indian bank account.
Update by visiting the home branch
- Go to the bank’s home branch where you have an account.
- Request for KYC details change form and fill it carefully.
- Submit this form to the operator along with the required documents.
- Get acknowledgment of this request after the operator completes form and other details verification process.
- An E-mail or SMS on your renewed mobile number will be sent notifying about mobile number change.
Contact Customer Care to Change Mobile no
- Use the Indian Bank customer care toll-free number to change your registered mobile number.
- Contact on 1800 4250 4422/1800 4250 0000 and provide details to the operator upon asking.
Visit Nearest Indian Bank ATM to Update
- Swipe your Indian bank card in the machine and select the option prompting to “Update Account Information”.
- Choose Update Contact Details and receive MPIN or OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this MPIN or OTP and provide a new mobile number to be changed.
In conclusion, it will be useful to state that linking/updating mobile numbers in the Indian bank account should be your priority. Procedure to link or update mobile number in Indian bank is free from complications. With technological assistance, Indian Bank has made this procedure quite faster. Now it consumes only a few minutes to get the work done.