All banks have introduced internet and mobile banking facilities in the urge to provide more convenience to customers. Indian Bank is one of such renowned and oldest banks in India.
We open a bank account providing personal details such as name, mobile number, email address, etc. A mobile number is one such crucial piece of information that requires updating in your Indian bank account. Bank delivers SMS alerts on your registered mobile number whenever any transaction is placed.
This article will guide you to:
- Link mobile number in Indian bank.
- Update/Change mobile number in an Indian bank account.
How to register Mobile Number in Indian Bank
Linking mobile numbers in Indian banks is an uncomplicated procedure. You only need to go to the home branch of the Indian bank and request the operator to link your mobile number with your account.
- Get a form from the operator and provide essential information such as your name, address, mobile number, etc.
- Submit it to the operator and the number registration process will be complete within a day or two.
- An SMS will be delivered to your provided mobile number when registration is confirmed.
(Note: Make sure to carry an Aadhaar card along with its self-attested duplicate.)
Change Mobile Number in Indian Bank
There are four different ways to change your mobile number in Indian Bank.
- Internet Banking
- Visit Home Branch
- Contact Customer Care
- Visit ATM center
Steps to Change Mobile Number Through Internet Banking
- Open the Indian Bank website www.indianbank.net.in and log into your account using your username and password.
- Check for services and apply for “Update/Change mobile number”, If your mobile number, customer number, and PAN number are linked with your Indian bank account.
Update by visiting the home branch
- Go to the bank’s home branch where you have an account.
- Request for KYC details change form and fill it out carefully.
- Submit this form to the operator along with the required documents.
- Get acknowledgment of this request after the operator completes the form and other details verification process.
- An E-mail or SMS on your renewed mobile number will be sent notifying you about the mobile number change.
Indian Bank Customer Care Toll-Free Number
- Use the Indian Bank customer care toll-free number to change your registered mobile number.
- Contact 1800 4250 4422/1800 4250 0000 and provide details to the operator upon asking.
Visit the Nearest Indian Bank ATM to Update
- Swipe your Indian bank card in the machine and select the option prompting to “Update Account Information”.
- Choose Update Contact Details and receive MPIN or OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this MPIN or OTP and provide a new mobile number to be changed.
In conclusion, it will be useful to state that linking/updating mobile numbers in the Indian bank account should be your priority. The procedure to link or change mobile numbers in Indian banks is free from complications. With technological assistance, Indian Bank has made this procedure quite faster. Now it consumes only a few minutes to get the work done.
A content writer with a proficient experience of 3 years. Being a keen learner, I work with an ongoing curiosity and owns good research skills. I love being creative and make sure to integrate this creativity in my works for the benefit of society and community.