We have discussed the process of how to register a complaint and check complaint status in the United Bank of India in this article.
United Bank of India was established in 1950 having headquarters in Kolkata, India. Earlier, it was a public sector bank of India. Moreover, it had more than 2054 branches and 36 regional offices across the country.
However, in April 2020, it had merged with Punjab National Bank. Due to this, PNB became the second-biggest Indian bank in the public sector.
Undoubtedly, UBI offers simple methods to register the complaint as well as track the complaint status. Due to the merger, it follows PNB’s processes of registering complaints and checking status online.
Register a Complaint in United Bank of India Online
Undoubtedly, the online method to register a complaint in UBI is simple and time-saving.
- Open the website of the United Bank of India using the link unitedbank.co.in.
- Move to the end of the webpage and click on Customer Care.
- Next is to select “Grievance Online” from the left bar. Then click on “Submit New Grievance”.
- Now Punjab National Bank’s CGRMS form page will open. It is because UBI has undergone amalgamation with PNB.
- Fill in all correct information and type code given on the screen.
- At last, tap the “Submit” button. Consequently, your complaint will submit.
- Also, you will receive a complaint number as proof of complaint registration.
United Bank of India Complaint Toll Free Number
Besides this, you have an alternate way to contact customer care of United Bank of India. You can call on customer care 1800-345-0345 and register your complaint. Further, this number is toll-free and can help resolve any type of query.
Download Complaint Form in United Bank of India Online
If you register a complaint at the bank branch, then you need to fill a form. This form is available either at the bank branch or on the bank’s website. You can download the complaint form online and then fill it. Moreover, you can save time at the bank branch if the form is already filled. So, to download the complaint form, follow these steps:
- On the bank’s website, select Customer Care and click on “Forms”.
- As a result, you will get a list of forms. Click the “PDF Format” of “Customer Complaint Form”.
Now you have to fill the form and submit at the bank branch.
How to Check the United Bank of India Complaint Status Online?
After registering a complaint, you receive a complaint number. This number will help you check the status of your complaint. Moreover, UBI offers a facility to track complaint status online through the bank’s website. It eliminates the need to visit the bank branch again and again to know the status and saves time. So, to track complaint status online, you need to follow this procedure:
- Visit UBI’s website and click on Customer Care.
- Then select “Grievance Online’ from the left bar. After that, choose “Tracking of Existing Grievance” and you will redirect to a new page.
- This page will be PNB’s CGRMS status. Here, you need to fill the complaint number as well as the CAPTCHA code.
- Finally, click on “Go” and you will get your complaint status.
Grievance Redressal System of UBI
At first, complaints are sent to the Branch Manager for immediate redressal. The branch manager has the responsibility to make sure complaint analysis from all possible angles. However, the branch level functionaries need to resolve the complaint within 7 working days.
If the customer dissatisfies with the redressal, then he/she may go to the Regional Office. Also, the Regional Office resolves the issue within 15 working days from the date of the complaint receipt.
Further, the Head Office is the next authority functionary to which the customer can contact. It comes into the picture when he/she is not satisfied with the resolution from the Regional Office. Moreover, Head Office should endeavor to dispose of the issue within 21 working days.
If the complaint is unresolved after a month or gets a dissatisfactory resolution, then the customer can contact Banking Ombudsman. He/she should contact Banking Ombudsman under whose jurisdiction the bank office/branch is located.
There should be the immediate transmission of unresolved complaints from banks to RO or from RO to HO so that the resolution can take place within 21 days from the date of the complaint receipt.
In summary, UBI provides assistance to its customers from all possible aspects. Due to this, it is easy to file a complaint and check the status online and offline. Moreover, customers can also call customer care and visit a branch for the same.