UCO Bank is formerly known as United Commercial Bank. Founded in 1943, it is a public sector commercial bank in India. Its headquarters are situated in Kolkata and serve all over the world.
Undoubtedly, it offers a wide variety of banking products and services with excellence. Also, it welcomes feedback from customers and tries to work on them. In this area, it introduced a grievance redressal system to resolve customer complaints.
How to File a Complaint in UCO Bank?
UCO Bank offers various online as well as offline channels to file a complaint. You can use any of these channels at your convenience. Here is the list of these channels:
Submit UCO Bank Complaint Online
If you desire to use an online channel for filing a complaint, you need to visit the bank’s website. The link to the UCO bank website is https://www.ucobank.com/english/home.aspx. Now follow these steps for further proceeding:
- On the left side, you will see some icons in a vertical panel. Select “Contact us” from these icons.
- Then click on “Complaints/Grievances Registration”. You will see some links after clicking this option.
- Next is to tap on the link of Submitting General Grievance. You will see a registration form for complaint/grievances.
- Enter crucial information as asked in the form. And finally, click on “Submit” which will submit your complaint to UCO bank.
Following this, you will get a complaint number on the screen immediately.
Raise UCO Bank Complaint Offline
- In-person: You can visit the bank branch and contact the Branch Manager for your grievance. Also, do not forget to take acknowledgment against your grievance from the bank.
- Through the mail: Customers can lodge a complaint in UCO bank through mail also. They need to submit a grievance at [email protected]. Acknowledgment for the same will be sent by email.
- Over Phone: Rather than other channels, you can simply call the bank’s customer care to file a complaint. UCO’s customer care number is toll-free and works round the clock. The customer care number for complaint submission is 1800-274-0123.
Grievance Redressal System in UCO Bank
- Firstly you need to submit your complaint to the bank to get a satisfactory resolution. This complaint is initially brought to the notice of the Branch Manager. A complaint can be lodged through the web portal of SPGRS. Moreover, SPGRS is the acronym for the Standardized Public Grievance Redressal System.
- If the customer receives a dissatisfactory resolution, he/she may escalate the issue to the Zonal Office of the respective zone.
- In case the issue is still pending or not provided with the proper response, the issue will transfer to the concerned Circle Office.
- Further, the customer may approach Head Office in case of a non-redressal complaint. Here, the issue is brought to the notice of the Assistant General Manager, Strategic Planning & GAD.
- If the customer is still aggrieved by the Bank’s response, he/she may directly contact the Banking Ombudsman, RBI. However, the customer should make an appeal within 30 days from receiving the intimidation of the decision.
Time Frame to Respond to the Complaint
- Branch Manager: 7 days
- Zonal Office: 4 days
- Circle Office: 4 days
- Head Office: 6 days
Till then, all efforts to resolve the complaint should be taken within 21 days. After this, the complaint can transfer to Banking Ombudsman, RBI by the complainant.
How to Check UCO Bank Complaint Status Online?
It is obvious that customers desire to check their complaint status and whether it has been resolved. Therefore, UCO offers you some ways to know the complaint status.
For this, you can either call on the customer center or visit the bank branch. But, the bank provides an online platform to make it more convenient for customers.
Online tracking of complaint status is an uncomplicated process. You only need to visit the bank’s website. Then follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly click on “Contact us” form the vertical panel located on the left side.
- Select “Complaints/Grievances Registration” and then click the link “Track your Grievance Status”.
- Enter the correct complaint reference number along with a registered email ID.
- Now tap on “Proceed” and finally your status will appear on the screen.
UCO bank is indeed one of the leading public sector banks in India. It offers to lodge a complaint online as well as offline channels for customer convenience. Also, you can check the complaint status through the customer center or bank website.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
In that case, the bank requires intimidating complaints about the reason for the delay in response. In other terms, if the bank requires more time to resolve the complaint, the same should be informed to the complainant.
You can lodge complaints related to transactions, branch facilities, bank technologies, government schemes, loans & advances; and bank staff.
You receive the complaint reference number after the successful submission of the complaint. Moreover, you can use this number to track complaint status online or offline.
No, you do not need to visit a bank branch to file a complaint. Instead, you can use other ways for the same. These ways are calling the customer center, sending an email, or visiting the bank website.
A content writer with a proficient experience of 3 years. Being a keen learner, I work with an ongoing curiosity and owns good research skills. I love being creative and make sure to integrate this creativity in my works for the benefit of society and community.