If you desire to get your CIBIL score, this article is worthwhile as it provides the way of checking the CIBIL score online. The step-by-step process will provide you convenience for fulfilling the purpose.
CIBIL score is mostly used by the financial institutions. But, if you are applying for a loan or credit card, you can also check your CIBIL score without depending on the banks. Different methods have been facilitated for people to get this score. The online method is straightforward as well as a less time-consuming method.
Check CIBIL Score Online For Free
This simple method involves providing basic information, verifying them, and getting access to credit reports. TransUnion CIBIL gives credit score based on the credit information stored in their repository.
- Go to the official website of TransUnion CIBIL using www.cibil.com/freecreditscore.
- Enter your basic information on the page. Fill details such as e-mail address, full name, Identity proof type and identity number, date of birth, PIN code, and mobile number.
For identity proof type, you have different options such as Passport number, Ration card number, Voter ID number, and Income tax ID number.
- Click on the icon “Accept & Continue” which will take you to a new page.
- It is the authentication page wherein you have to necessarily answer some questions. These questions will relate to credits and loans.
- Submit the answers and you will be entitled to access your CIBIL score online.
- When people check their CIBIL score on their own, it refers to soft inquiries. It will leave no negative impact on your score even after checking multiple times. Nevertheless, soft inquiry every year deems a vital financial habit.
- Hard inquiries involve requesting of CIBIL score multiple times by lenders or credit institutions. It can adversely impact your score. Hard inquiries within a short span of time may represent “credit hungry behavior”.
Maintaining a good score is necessary for availing varied offers. Checking the CIBIL score using an online platform is a cost-free method. Prior to the loan application, it is always advisable to be aware of your CIBIL score to avoid rejection.