The article highlights different methods of filing a complaint in Federal Bank. It discusses tracking of complaint status and grievance redressal mechanism.
Federal Bank originally came into existence as the Travancore Federal Bank Limited in April 1931. After that, the bank was named Federal Bank Limited in December 1949.
Undoubtedly, Federal Bank Limited is a pioneer commercial bank of the Indian private sector. Moreover, it has been one of the Indian banks that first integrated computerization across its branches. At present, the bank operates in 25 states and 4 Union Territories.
- 1 Register a Complaint in Federal Bank
- 2 Online Registration of complaint in Federal Bank
- 3 Download Complaint form Online
- 4 How to Check Federal Bank Complaint Status?
- 5 Grievance Redressal in Federal Bank
Register a Complaint in Federal Bank
In case of any dissatisfaction with services, you can file a complaint in Federal Bank. Moreover, the bank offers varied channels to file a complaint. Following are the channels to submit a grievance:
- Customer care: You can call on customer care which is operational 24×7 and toll-free. So, the customer care number is 1800-420-1199 or 1800-425-1199.
- Bank branch: Also, you can make a personal visit to the bank branch to register a complaint. You can ask the bank executive and fill a complaint form. Moreover, you can call the bank branch and submit your grievance.
- Complaint form: You can fill the complaint form and submit either at the bank branch or through email. Also, you can download complaint form through website or at the bank branch.
Online Registration of complaint in Federal Bank
Federal Bank website:
Besides that, you can submit a complaint online through Federal Bank website. It means that you do not require visiting bank or call contact center for the same. Firstly, you should open the bank’s website. Now follow this process:
- Locate the section “Customer Relations” at the bottom of the page. Then select Grievance Redressal and you will see four blocks.
- Further select “Submit your Complaint Online” from the 1st block. You will redirect to a new page opening a complaint form.
- Obviously, you need to provide correct information in the form. Then tap on “Submit” after which your complaint will be submitted.
The bank provides an email address to customers for filing a complaint. You can either directly write your complaint details or attach a complaint form in the mail. Federal Bank Email Address to submit a complaint is email@example.com.
Download Complaint form Online
If you wish to download complaint form, then open Federal Bank’s website. You will get the form in PDF or doc format after you downloading. You can either take a print out and fill the form manually to submit at the bank branch. Or you can edit the form on system, fill all required information and attach with email. So, follow these steps to download the complaint form online:
- Go to the bottom of the page and find “Useful Links” section. Then select “Forms & Stationery” that will open a list of forms.
- Click on Complaints and choose “Complaint form” either in doc or PDF format. Also, you can download the form in Hindi, English or Malayalam language.
How to Check Federal Bank Complaint Status?
When you submit a complaint, you receive a complaint reference number. With this number, you can track the status of your complaint by contacting the Federal bank. Moreover, there is online and offline methods to track the complaint status.
- Visit the bank branch and provide your complaint reference number to the bank executive.
- Contact customer care and ask for the status by providing complaint reference number.
For this, you need to send an email to the bank requesting the complaint status. So, the bank’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Importantly, provide your complaint reference number in the mail to get status.
Grievance Redressal in Federal Bank
The bank provided a grievance redressal to redress customer complaints at their best. Moreover, it assigned a team to handle grievance redressal system to maintain its efficiency. This grievance redressal mechanism is made up of four authority levels. So, here is the grievance redressal at Federal Bank:
At initial level, you need to contact bank for immediate redressal. All the complaints are first assigned to bank for redressal. Therefore, the bank should make best efforts to get it resolved to the satisfaction of complainants.
To register a complaint with bank, you have multiple options to use. These options are email, customer care or personal visit to the bank branch.
If you are not satisfied with bank redressal, then you can contact Zonal Nodal Officer. Further, you can get contact details of Zonal Nodal Officer on the bank’s website.
If you are unhappy with the resolution or there is a delay in redressal, you can contact Chief Operating Officer. You may write to the authority at the following contact details:
Ms. Shalini Warrier, COO,
Secretariat of CEO, Federal Bank Limited,
Federal Towers, Bank Junction,
Aluva, Kerala. 683 1010
In case you still feel unhappy with the redressal, you should escalate the issue to the Managing Director & CEO. The contact details for the authority are:
The Managing Director & CEO,
The Federal Bank Limited,
Corporate Office, Federal Towers,
Aluva, Kerala. 683-101
When the bank fails to provide satisfactory resolution, then you can contact the Banking Ombudsman. However, make sure that bank is the initial point of redressal. So you can approach the Banking Ombudsman if the bank does not resolve the complaint within 30 days.
RBI appoints Banking Ombudsman as per the Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006. Moreover, you can get contact details of concerned Banking Ombudsman on Federal Bank’s website.
Indeed, Federal Bank endeavors to offer world-class banking services to customers. Moreover, it provides a channel to customers if they feel dissatisfaction with the services. This channel is grievance redressal where customers can file a complaint and check status.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
You should provide complete name and account number with additional details. Additional details should be your registered communication address and customer ID.
In that case, you can fill general grievance form. But the bank also provides a separate complaint form for ATM complaints. You can find this form on the bank’s website.
You can contact bank’s customer care 1800-425-1199 or 1800-420-1199 to register a complaint.